Music Banter - View Single Post - Review An Album In An Unhelpful Way
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Default Review An Album In An Unhelpful Way

The Clash - London Calling

Recorded ages ago this was a really important album for some reason or other. It's been called the best album by The Clash although it might not be , I couldn't say , I've never heard all of them.
You can really hear the chemistry between thingy & whatsisface working well , especially on songs such as ... shit i've forgotten which ones but there are plenty of them. Mike John's bass playing is exceptional throughout as is Floppy Hardon's drumming.
The album opens with the opening song of the album and what a fantastic song it is. if you like that sort of thing that is , if you don't like it it's not such a fantastic song. The album quickly moves into the next song which is ok. It's a cover song that was originally written by that guy from the 1950s ,so if you are a fan of his check it out.
The album moves on at a frenetic pace , apart from when it doesn't. If songs about Spain , Supermarkets , Card Cheats & some guy called Rudy who's always failing whet your appetite this is really the album for you.
There may or may not be some good songs on side 4 of the album . I wouldn't know I got bored at that point but I was sure to listen to the closing track of the album that closed the album. I beleive it's a parody of failed Olympic athletes entitled Train In Vain , Ho Ho Ho if only they had listened to George Strummer's advice before they maybe wouldn't have wasted all that time. There may be some advice for all of us in that song.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote