Music Banter - View Single Post - Things that make me want to headbutt everything
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #37 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAtTheDoor View Post
[CENTER]1: The Vintage Trend[/IMG]
Here is Alexa Chung. .
Man, she seems to sporting what I can only assume is the female equivalent of the old man with chin high trousers.

Quote:
2: Tip-Toeing around Racism
I've seen and heard things, as everyone has that have been clearly out of order when something needed to be done about it. However I cannot stand how some people are seemingly so afrad of their own shadow and so desperate to avoid any kind of racially charged situation that they may as well get "I AM NOT A RACIST" tattooed on their forehead. There are a lot of black and asian people work where I do and I can only assume that a big (a very big group) of these people share accomodation or something because they are always on the same shift. Once when leaving work I went to join the queue for the bus at about 9 or 10pm and there were probably about 15 people ahead of me, every single one of them was black. I had a look and turned to my mate and asked them why that was, I couldnt understand it, I'd been wondering for some time now. They and a few other people around me looked at me like I was insane, like they were almost embarrassed or thought they would hear me and associate me with them, like how dare I ask why the majority of our staff stuck on the late shift every night are black. Is that not a valid question? I dont care if they overheard me or not, I hope they did.

Quote:
6: People That Write In Complaints
One of my biggest pet hates. I very rarely get offended by anything I see on TV or hear on the radio or read in the paper or in whatever shape or form of the media you care to mention. If I was to see, read or hear something that wasnt particularly to my taste though why would I complain? I'd like to think I could realise that I wasnt the only one watching, listening or reading and that the media does not exist just to cater to my own individual tastes or preferences.

Quote:
10: What Skins Has Done.
I have never seen Skins, I should watch it sometime just to have an opinion on it but it has never interested me one little bit. I find myself very annoyed by people who like all these "gritty" British drama's/comedies and always think they know someone just like a character in the show. Because of course, Skins and Shameless and a number more along the lines that usually go out on Channel 4 are just completely accurate portrayals of British life, i dont know if you were aware of that or not? I've always felt this trend relies on too easy a forumla. Throwing in lots of violence, drug use, having every character in the show shag every othercharacter in the show at least once and probably having a token homosexual for some reason is not enough to make a "gritty", "realistic" drama to be proud of. Especially when its gonna spawn viewers who like to tell you they can "relate" to it. Good for you, you're probably either a druggy or a slut then.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust

Last edited by Mojo; 03-17-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote