Music Banter - View Single Post - Lil Wayne
Thread: Lil Wayne
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #410 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

the man has the opportunity to say something and have tens of thousands of people at a time listen... and he decides to inflict what he learned in his pre-school guitar lessons on them... 'waitwait i can get it...'

As for his vocation, which is contemporary commercial club hip-hop, that's a style that i'm 90% indifferent to for so many reasons... do i have to lay it all out?
Lil' Wayne, when I hear him I just hear air, this contrived 'new hip-hop entrepeneur' market-branding bullsh*t, this illusion that him or Jay-Z are black men with power (as opposed to meaningless celebrity and fleeting material riches) annoys me.

Go onto any Weezy youtube video and take your pic of the racist slander on there, if I was him I'd be writing an album for these f*ckers - millions of people would buy it, I'd make alot of money and I would make people think and maybe get some respect.

Shouldn't drag Jay-Z into it because he did make good music at one time and is/was a good wordsmith, but I guess I have a knee-jerk reaction when it comes to whole careers built entirely on self-aggrandizement.

You know what I like some dirty south hip-hop, Geto Boys or whatever, I'm far from an expert though, someone should do a mix .

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote