Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 07:27 AM   #1215 (permalink)
likuidcoka
MOuthWIdeSHut

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Ok so the other thread was closed so I'm gonna post something here. Dunno if it's gonna sound silly, but sometimes I like to think of pot as the truth drug. Aside from making you feel all fuzzy and giggling and making music sound 10 times better (seriously, if you haven't heard Grizzly bear stoned you should get on it, it's eargazmic) it also makes you (or at least me) feel vulnerable. It's sort of like all your natural defenses are down and you become much more attuned to your inner truths (or shit). Sometimes that's good but can also lead to some bad trips if you get stuck on all the fears and anxieties. I realize a lot of things about life when I'm high which wouldn't have occurred to me when I'm sober (but still ring true when I sober up).

Last night I realized that one of my worst fears is being a cliché, in the sense of getting lost in the corporate lifestyle with no life outside the office, worrying about the bills and having office friends, worrying about having made it by the time I'm 35 and then having a midlife crises and shit. I think I'm sort of in the advantage of not being a heterosexual so I don't think I'll ever become a married cliché, working to support someone else and becoming bored of my partner by the time I'm in my 30's. Sorry if this offends some of you, but tis the truth I suppose, the hetero lifestyle has always been a bit of a nightmare. Mostly because the "stability" and safety of it seems like stagnation, which in turn equals death. :|

So just to be curteous even though I just wanted to have this in writing (sometimes I think I should write some of that stream of consciousness down but that would be a drag. Maybe I'll get a tape recorder or something), anyone have similar thoughts they'd like to share...?

do your thing man ITs all good, i dont know what cliche' is but I Dont give a Fu$k what anyone say or do, i just chill out smoke a bowl, enjoy my trip, with music,homies..and the rest is history, tomorrow is another day..I dont gotta be no superstar ,no supermodel, no NOthing to anyone..If anything, you gotta be true to yourself, and weed definitely makes you ponder bout $hit you wouldn't even imagine of while sober, been there done that!

I think you should write it down, or record it..That would be BAd Ass!
likuidcoka is offline   Reply With Quote