Music Banter - View Single Post - Attention n00bs
Thread: Attention n00bs
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
PinkCigarette
Chase for 28

I've been going to forums for 9 years now. I'm not new to the game so I do understand where older members are coming from but my first impression of her is basically what your first impression is of me; probably not what it seems. The only difference I can see with the situation is that it seems to be a problem when I make two posts out of over 80 in which I actually somewhat insult a person for appearing to think they are higher than the rest of the forum but it's perfectly fine to throw out whatever you want about the new people. I posted a perfectly suitable picture, I get called a slut at random.

None of us know each other and I try not to go off on first impressions from people because if I did, I'd consider most of the members here as plain arrogant and I don't think it's fair to think that way, just like it isn't right for me to think anything of savannah nor of her to think anything of me based on a few posts.

I guess I'm just a bit tired of the whole "let's point the finger at all the new members" as opposed to making a big deal out of what older members have said. I've been contributing fairly well and think I handled myself pretty well, considering all the e-stalking and such I've had to put up with. I, for one, am not here just to destroy some other forum, like some people here to assume. I was banned from there for joining this place so it's not like I am here as revenge or to start trouble.

I'll still stick with my original thinking in which if what I said was done by a more "established member", it would have been taken with a grain of salt.