Music Banter - View Single Post - Attention n00bs
Thread: Attention n00bs
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMurder View Post
I guess I'm just a bit tired of the whole "let's point the finger at all the new members" as opposed to making a big deal out of what older members have said. I've been contributing fairly well and think I handled myself pretty well, considering all the e-stalking and such I've had to put up with. I, for one, am not here just to destroy some other forum, like some people here to assume. I was banned from there for joining this place so it's not like I am here as revenge or to start trouble.

I'll still stick with my original thinking in which if what I said was done by a more "established member", it would have been taken with a grain of salt.
We're pointing fingers because that's where the general stench came from. It went from discussion to argument (which is where I ceased to participate) to personal attacks. I'm not placing the blame squarely on you (GuitarBizarre sure fucking pissed me off last night, I'd have punched him in his face if he said half that shit in real life), but goddammit you can't come in here and slander members and expect not to be reprimanded in some form or another. And a good reason that noobs get a fair share of the heat is because they haven't contributed the the forums yet. Starting flame wars (or just prodding the fire) is no way to get brownie points here.