Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #1218 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Nah, I'm too big of a pussy to do any proper drugs. I'm not even sound enough to be a proper stoner, I only smoke every few weeks or so. I find the emotional (and sometimes physical) strain to be a bit too much to smoke more frequently. It's sort of too easy to get stuck on the bad trips even though it is quite possible to direct your trips, if you put some effort into it. Music seems to be the easiest way out.

Sometimes my whole perception of an artist changes when I listen to them high. For example, I liked Grizzly bear well enough before I heard them stoned, but hearing them high was almost a transcedental experience. I swear I felt like if heaven had any music, it would be this, it was really otherworldly, angelic.

I had a similar experience with Animal Collective's Merriwhether and for the first time realized how perfectly, insanely well produced it was, a million different sounds put together with such nerdy, perfectionist attention to detail.

Last night I was listening to the Klaxons and sort of started thinking how they purposefully made an album mixing almost cacophonous sounds with short intervals of harmonious music just to fuck with your mind and prove how easy it is to ingratiate people and sell them something which on the whole really shouldn't appeal to such a wide audience.

Last.fm

Last edited by adidasss; 03-18-2009 at 02:41 PM.
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote