Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Overrated Television Show Ever
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #125 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I dont think That 70's Show is over-rated. Maybe thats because I'm British and we dont rate it so highly to begin with. Sometimes if its on it'll get one or two chuckles out of me and then I'll go about the rest of my day probably never thinking about it again. It's passable but no more. If I was surrounded by people who thought it was more than that then maybe.

I agree with Murder She Wrote. My mother watches load of **** like that, The Father Dowling Mysteries and just other awful, predictable murder mystery/crime investigation types that are just piles of crap.

Which brings me to CSI. I havent seen past season 5 and the Tarantino episodes but I can imagine people claiming that was over-rated. I can even understand that opinion. As far as I'm concerned if you accept the forumla then it's a good show. Same with House. If you watch one and then realise you'll have more of the same on your hands if you watch it again then its up to you. It shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone watching either that in that kind of environment you are gonna have a show built around a fairly strict formula and it isnt gonna change much.

Seinfeld? Nope. Couldnt disagree more. I've rarely seen an American sitcom with such great scripts and so heavily focused on the dialogue and I think it was a really well crafted sitcom. Doesnt hurt that they balanced it out nicely with some impressive physical comedy and only over-stepped the line with it once or twice.

My vote goes here:

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote