Music Banter - View Single Post - Evolution and the Public School System
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #59 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrawker07 View Post
theories are presented when something cannot be totally explained am i not right. yes it can't be disproven but that doesn't make it fact. i know a lot of the stuff that was shoved down my throat based on creation is in fact untrue. i also think there are downfalls in the theory of evolution. this is why my point is to teach them both. you could give me points all day and i could give you points all day and at the end of the day you are still going to believe in evolution and i'll believe in creation simple as that. the point of this thread, or what i thought it was, was whether or not theories contradiction evolution should be presented in school and i say yes. whether it be creation, evolution, or some other theory. when you are presented with facts for each theory you can then decide which one you think is most right. you still can't claim it to be fact because in reality we cannot ever explain the beginning of time unless someone shows up that was there so until then we have theories and they should be taught.
We have the theory of gravity which after a while explained the attraction between mass and we can use that to send rockets to distant planets, yet it's still called a theory. In science, it doesn't get any higher than theory. There is no higher level of credibility. Do you get it? If yes, then please stop using the word like it was a bad thing when they actually represent the most established "facts" we have.

You talk about downfalls of evolution again and I've asked you to present them. What the hell are they?

-_-