Music Banter - View Single Post - Classical Music. Why does it get so much credit?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 02:50 AM   #141 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

This thread is without a doubt the weakest thread I have ever seen on this site. Can you not even see WHY your opinion on this one is nothing short of ridiculous?

Like whatever music you like, why should I give a ****? But you arent coming on here and telling everyone about your dislike for a band, or even a certain genre of music. You are seemingly discrediting EVERY single band pre...pre what? 1990? Later?

So far you have placed Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Metallica and Black Sabbath in the same category, deemed it as Classic (or Classical, apparantly) Rock and decided that it all sucks. Not to mention you have done the same to every band that has been mentioned since then.

You have managed to check out King Crimson, Yes, Comus, The Sonics, The Residents, Return to Forever, Captain Beefheart, Frank Zappa, Soft Machine, Magma and form opinions on them all in exactly 9 minutes so you are clearly some sort of wizard. A wizard by the way that really doesnt want to debate this opinion you have at all or even consider for a second that you may be wrong and that some of this music out there that you are discredting may be good if you even knew it existed.

If you're gonna make statements like this or any negative statement that treats all this "old" music in the exact same way then I want you to take a minute, consider the state of the current music business (thats right, not the current state of metalcore, the current state of the ENTIRE music industry including all the other stuff you hate from pop to RnB to country) and then in 20 years time I want you to think of how ****ing ridiculous it would be for someone like you to look back and discredit all of it in its entirety and claim that it was all ****.

This isnt about taking away peoples right to dislike certain bands or certain kinds of music like someone else said in his defence, its about making someone realise that to dislike decades and decades of music is just ridiculous. I hate to tell you but if you cant see any further back than Killswitch Engage or further back than the 90's and are not willing to open to your mind to any of this stuff then you're probably in the wrong place as most people here are not just here to champion 5 or 6 bands but are here to appreciate as much different kinds of music as they possibly can and the era it is from almost becomes irrelevant. Music is music. I think you were looking for this place Metalcore/Hardcore - All Metal Forums

And if you think that anything I have posted above is taking your words out of context then I suggest reading back through your own thread and really thinking about what it is you want to say next time before posting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
If metalcore sucks, i need some legit reasons why it sucks or your opinion is invalid.
I couldnt agree more, I'm still waiting for a legit reason for why Classic Rock sucks and right now your opinion is looking very invalid.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust

Last edited by Mojo; 03-21-2009 at 02:57 AM.