Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama Threatens to Abrogate AIG Contracts
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

I don't see why every executive action has to go into the "Official Barack Obama Thread" he isn't Metallica; he's the President of the United States. The issues he's dealing with are more complex in terms of their scope and intricacies than what could be discussed in a single topic.

Anyway I'm positively thrilled by this of course. I wasn't happy with the way the government dealt with the fiscal troubles of these companies but since they were "bailed out" I'd like them to be as regulated as possible (nationalization would be preferable, if they're "too big to fail" then we shouldn't put them in the hands of corrupt and greedy men or we should break them up into smaller companies.) It would be preferable if no bonuses were handed out at all though and the executives and people making obscene paychecks took cuts in that area. After all if your company is on the brink of collapse every dollar counts.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote