Music Banter - View Single Post - Mri
Thread: Mri
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #72 (permalink)
ninaNirvana
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I think I am in the process of getting a download of the album and as for Ska I love it but The Police are basically Pop music with a reggae tinge and i'm not a fan.
OK I might have to agree with you on the Police being too 'pop-y' at times; personally I like the early Police when they were more punky-- they got too polished IMHO. I like ska; a lot of my Boston based friends are huge ska heads. I like LA style ska like bands like Fishbone...

You know, Mr. Hammer, when you have time ( as I know you are bombarded by tons of music! ) I think you should just simply download the new MRI EP "The New Oxygen" that they put out. IMO a few songs sound remastered and there is some bizzare stuff on there that is not quite my cup of tea per se, but it may be more right up your alley especially the more expermental stuff. Overall it's an extremely interesting sequencing of songs. The song "The New Oxygen" itself has a lot of Pink Floyd and Geroge Martin-Beatles qualities and is quite an audio journey at 8 minutes in length.

The EP is on their myspace but here is the link on their website as well:

MRI - DOWNLOAD: THE NEW OXYGEN - EP - 8 tracks

There is a tracklisting ( 8 songs ) too on that page; maybe since there are only mp3s of the songs off "Parallel" online; you should opt to download the new EP instead to your collection as it has the high qualtiy CD audio files, lyrics, etc...

-NN!