Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
denimhead
Groupie

Hello all.

I am new to the forum obviously and wish to shed some light on this subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
by 'white-girl-singing-into-a-hairbrush' I meant to imply that she can't sing without studio trickery designed to keep vocals in tune for the radio. I mean listen to it. Without a unique and identifiable voice she's just another electro-pop peddler with another silly wardrobe. And she can't even keep that from being post modern and f*cking ironic like everything else
Firstly, while I appreciate your opinion you are terribly mistaken. She is a excellent vocalist and a superb pianist, has never once lipsink(ed), and doesn't obscure her own voice with shoddy studio trickery like other pop artists. She has many studio stripped acoustic versions of her songs available for download or to be listened to for free on youtube. Youtube ID:ladygagaofficial

While I may be a biased fanboy, I don't think she's credited enough for her talents. I think those whom are suspicious of her true talents and voice should look up her "poker face" and "Fooled me again" acoustic and live session versions. If you can watch those then honestly reply and say she CAN'T sing, I'd like to see that person try and hold a candle to vocal range and control.

Happy listening.
denimhead is offline   Reply With Quote