Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Rap Verse
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #48 (permalink)
jessie
Groupie

my favorite lyric changes for me constantly...but at the moment (in rap) it's:

immortal technique - crimes of the heart
"love doesn't need a complicated metaphor, and sometimes nothing needs to be said at all. sometimes the person you with is not your one and only, and you just fxck with them 'cause you afraid to be lonely. and when you come back, it's too late, so you overcompensate like victims of rape for the self-hate. lost in the affection of strangers around you, instead of the only person who ever gave a fxck about you. thought you were happy, so you didn't come check me, but then when he cheated or treated you incorrectly, you conveniently realized that you could never forget me -- and tried to crawl back in my life, unexpectedly. these are my indictments for those who claim to be righteous and leave a trail of broken hearts on their way to enlightment. but i can't give in to hatred and pass judgement, even towards every illusion i've been inlove with -- cause the heart that betrays itself willingly is like a nation that trades freedom for stability. it's so seductive to be cold and corrupted and isolated, trying to be an independent republic. but liberty, to be loved on the surface is worthless -- the sacrafice of revolution with no purpose. take it from a criminal searching for his redemption, cursing at god, desperately trying to get his attention."

that lyric is veryvery deep for me.