Music Banter - View Single Post - Evolution and the Public School System
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 01:19 AM   #96 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
The scientific method you are referring to of getting results that contradict and remaking the hypothesis, is referred to as ad hoc or "curve fitting" if you will, and is not a "technically" valid form of creating a scientific theory.
Yes, you're right, and you brought up a good point. for the sake of brevity and simplicity I kinda' overlooked that fact for the sake of putting the point across that conducting scientific research with the intent of reinforcing one's personal religious convictions is biased, untrustworthy,and shouldn't be considered legitimate. But I think it all comes down to intent. The intent of the creationist is to conform science to fit neatly into the niche of their own personal convictions, and that's just wasted research. We need to accept a certain degree of mutual exclusivity between mythology and science, the numinous and the empirical, and accept them both in their appropriate realms.

(side note: As in my post before it is clear I believe in evolution, so please don't jump on me for being a creationists and spew anti-religious **** at me)[/QUOTE]
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote