Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #129 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizotypic View Post
I hate country so much. I just find it so hard to find what the appeal is!
If it's not your thing it's not your thing I suppose. The trouble is though that you're viewing it as one genre. Country music's probably been kicking about as long as rock 'n' roll, if not longer. Like jazz and blues there are so many fusions and sub-genres which have popped up in the many decades it's been around - there's much much more to it than line-dancing to Achey Breaky Heart and Dolly Parton bemoaning lost love, and that's how it appeals to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Well as I said country music isnt exactly my thing. The closest I probably got looking through my music collection would be Johnny Cash. My dad likes country music and whatever I have heard I never liked, but im sure theres country music out there I DO like, its just a case of finding it.

I'll check the Byrds album out
Good man I can hook you up with a link if you have any trouble finding it (should be easy though - it's a very popular album).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Not my favourite New Order album (Low Life gets my vote) but Fine Time and Vanishing Point are big, brash dance tunes that don't sound dated in the slightest. Nice to see another NO fan on the boards.
Low Life is a fantastic album, as are Power Corruption and Lies and Republic. I'm a big fan of Get Ready too. Great band, even if their last album was full of shite - shame they don't seem to get much attention around here.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote