Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #108 (permalink)
punkrawker07
Music Addict

i think everyone is in agreement on the fine line between a spanking and abuse. what it comes down to is consistent parenting. i don't think that you have to spank your kid nor does it have to come down to making it so that you can't spank your kid. i spanked my kid and don't have a problem with people spanking their kids as a form of dicipline. whether you use spankings or time outs or whatever as long as the rules are laid out and they are followed your children will follow them.

someone who has an issue with spanking their children may use other methods of discipline that work just as well but it comes back to being consistent. children are always pushing the limits and if you let them get away with some stuff, well they are going to push the limits on all stuff. you give them certain rules and structure and make it clear what the consequences are to not following them they will listen.

i don't think people should be criticized for spanking their children. i also don't think that spanking is the solution to everything. consistent parenting is the main thing. and as far as people that cross the line into child abuse and people that use spanking as the only form of dicipline i don't think a law banning spanking would solve that anyway. they are already disobeying the law in regards to child abuse so making a new one isn't going to change anything other than get the parents using responsible dicipline in trouble.
punkrawker07 is offline   Reply With Quote