Music Banter - View Single Post - Fun with iTunes!!!!!! (game)
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Default Fun with iTunes!!!!!! (game)

Alright so heres how this game is played.

1. a word will be chosen at random every tuesday for the week.

2. the word is then plugged into your iTunes* (library) to create a list.

3. Your list is then posted in this thread. The rules for your lists are...
a. If the word chosen is represented in the title of the band, denote what albums from that band were selected. For example, if the word is "Trans", then all albums from (for example) Trans-Siberian Orchestra will represented as follows...

Trans-Siberian Orchestra (The Christmas Attic, Beethovan's Last Night, The Lost Christmas Eve)

b. If the word chosen represents an entire album of an artist, instead of listing every song on that album, please denote that its the entire album. For example, if the word is "Trans" you can say "Neil Young's - Trans"

c. Your list can include items based on the following criteria
* Album Title
* Band Name
* Song Title
* While iTunes will include songs based on band members and songwriters, these selections must be left off of the list.
4. Lists will be counted until Saturday at which point no further submissions will be considered.

5. Monday, a poll will be created and votes will be taken on the best list. Only one vote will be given, you cannot vote for yourself. All votes applied to yourself will not be counted.

6. Tuesday morning the highest vote-getter will be awarded a point. Only the highest vote count will receive a point. All tie will be decided by myself, who will not be voting during the traditional voting period. While i can submit lists, I still cannot vote for myself should I be entered into a tie-breaking showdown. Therefore, anyone in a tie with myself on tuesday morning will be awarded a point.

7. First poster to 20 points wins.

8. Any item on a list is open to be called into question. If there is a faulty inclusion, that list will be disqualified. Seeing as you can all read, this ought not to be a big deal.

9. This isn't really a rule but keep in mind, showboats, that occasionally more listings mean more a of a reason for people not to vote for you.

Alright so there are the rules. If you made it this far in, feel free to post your listings.

EDIT: I have changed the polling to Monday's only when I'll be at work and have full access. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks. - Big3

The word this week is Ghost. This should not be pluralized. My list looks like this...

Band - Song - Album
1. Brave Combo - William Tell Ovrature - Box of Ghosts

2. Bruce Springsteen - The Ghost of Tom Joad - the Ghost of Tom Joad

3. Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons - Home in the Woods - Cabin Ghosts - EP

4. Johnny Cash - Ghost Riders in the Sky - The Essential Johnny Cash 1955-1983

4. Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson - Ghost Riders in the Sky - VH1 Storytellers; Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson

5. Kristin Hersh - Your Ghost - Hips and Makers

6. My Chemical Romance - The Ghost of You - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

7. Spoon - The Ghost of you Linger - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

8. Tegan and Sara - Walking with the Ghost - So Jealous

9. The White Stripes - Walking with the Ghost - Walking with a Ghost - Single

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

The Current Standings

Lucifer_Sam: 1 (Ghost)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

The Weeks

Gold