Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #2886 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

The Time Machine (2002) - **

It's ok.

Guy Pierce is always good in those "well Johnny Depp wanted too much money" kind of roles, Samantha Mumba is pretty damn hot, Jeremy Irons is always awesome, and there's some decent special effects (though the murlocks look painfully fake) and interesting ideas.

But too often it just goes by the numbers, you're never given enough time to really get caught up in what's going on, just another OK science fiction film.

There are a few things that bother me, how/why is it that after millions of years, the human race has completely forgotten about previous events and how to speak english, except for one girl who speaks perfect english? And how exactly did some humans involve into murlocks, while the rest have been completely unchanged, except for being one big mulatto race? I know some of this was straight from the book, but I wish the movie tried to make things more clear.

The 1960 version is better, though there are some things about this version I like better, like humans turning into a mixed race, rather than everyone being completely white with blonde hair.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote