Music Banter - View Single Post - Pavement Discography Review
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #48 (permalink)
Roygbiv
marquee moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
great stuff, do you have any plans to review westing musket or whatever it's called? Apparently it's a collection of their early stuff, I thought it was an album for years
I can't find it anywhere! Do you own it? Maybe you can provide a linky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Stengel View Post
That's funny, whenever I make a Pavement Greatest Hits mix (There have been several) I always start off with Silence Kit and Trigger Cut as well, perfect first and second songs. Although the omission of Kennel District is unfortunate, it's my favorite Pavement song.

CR, CR used to be my favorite but Wowee Zowee has a much longer shelf life. Im pretty sure Malkmus said once that you're supposed to play the album in random order, which I always do since I like every song anyway, and it keeps you on your toes. One of the reasons it's aged better than CR, CR, IMO.
I thought of putting in Kennel District, but then it would have been too many Wowee Zowee songs. I wanted to put in Brinx Job as well. That album kills me.

The random order thing makes sense, oddly enough, but the song progression already intact is so perfect I'm almost afraid to do that : P
Roygbiv is offline   Reply With Quote