Music Banter - View Single Post - I like everything but country and rap... (bs)
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

sheez if you don't like the 'kill whitey' vibe you might as well forget anything affiliated with Wu-Tang and a bunch of names that won't mean anything to you. But if you check I think you'll find most of the hip-hop figureheads of now and yesteryear were/are members of the Nation of Islam, Malcolm X's church (before they killed him for not being corrupt and greedy, ironic much?)... if you want to narrow it down to nice Utopian hip-hop then you are talking De La Soul... but even Tribe and especially Jungle Brothers had plenty of black separatist overtones.

It's one of my favourite parts of hip-hop to be honest.
I haven't heard the Dead Prez thing in question, but it's not to say there is (often) open talk of killing white people, just getting as far away from them as f*cking possible

edit: and anyone that dismisses hip-hop and country entirely is... how can I put this.. a child. Or they certainly don't spend enough time listening to music to warrant signing up to a forum full of nuts. It's not subjective taste, you are missing a piece of your soul and you won't find it here. get your song title and GO AWAY

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her

Last edited by Molecules; 03-24-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote