Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the T.V. a brainwash device or are people just parnoid
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
I agree, Especially with the advent of reality tv. I see too many people living their lives vicariously and quite passively through the lives, fictitious or not, of strangers on Television. The worst are people who have their heads up the a$$es of celebrities personal lives.
absolutely. initially i thought the concept of 'reality' tv was fantastic. when i first heard about 'survivor' i really thought we were on the verge of something monumental provided it didn't devolve into 'lord of the flies'... then i saw an episode and realized it was just an incredibly ostentatious set for yet another game show.

as for the celebrity personal lives. i've been saying it for years. celebrity is the modern divinity. our society idolizes and worships fame as the means to regain the perceived purity we all lost at birth. once we become stars then all our sins are atoned for, all our debts are paid off, and we get to eat cake and ice cream all day everyday, and poop rainbows, and live forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,