Music Banter - View Single Post - Body Art?
Thread: Body Art?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #92 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

I have 6 tattoos but no piercings. I've been contemplating getting my ears gauged but a part of me is saying "no... you've already got two neck tattoos, you don't want to disqualify yourself from anymore jobs".

My first tattoo was a maple leaf on my left forearm that I got in one of my rare "patriotic" moments. Since then I've kind of changed my opinions on nationalism and now look at it with... not quite with contempt, but I have been thinking of ways to either cover it up, or incorporate another theme into it.

My second tattoo was by far my "cutest" one, my two 8th notes on my neck. They never fail to get some kind of comment or compliment from women, usually hostesses or waitresses.

My third tattoo was a design I made for girl I had a crush on back in grade 10, she told me she'd date me if I drew her a tattoo, so I did and the lying **** decided not to date me. I was seriously thinking about throwing the picture away, but decided that it was one of the better things I had drawn so kept it. It's a nautical star (very cliche I know) with flames in the background and three dice that add up to 5, 5 being my lucky number.

My fourth tattoo is my grandfather's initials "RHD" on my right arm on the anniversary of his first death. We were close, he was a Canadian World War II veteran and I enjoyed listening to him tell me stories of the war (especially one about him shooting up a bar in Belgium). I was very upset when he passed and decided to remember him that way. He had his grandfather's initials on his right arm so I think we may have started a family tradition.

My fifth tattoo is a rose on my right arm below the "RHD" tattoo. I am a keen gardener, and I always enjoyed growing roses. I had to stop when I moved back up to Canada because I was living in an apartment without a balcony and could not grow any. I am looking forward for the spring and summer because I can start growing them again.

Finally my sixth tattoo is the "Snowtown Tag" on my neck. The Snowtown tag is an S with an X through it and it's from the graphic novel "Fell" written by Warren Ellis and the artwork is done by Ben Templesmith. I was very frustrated with the way my life was going when I got this done in November, I really wanted to go to school, but just could not make it work with working full time to support myself in a city as expensive as Vancouver. I became really entranced with the symbol, doing sketches and variations of it, and eventually doing research on symbolism to see if it meant anything else, something deeper. Turns out it didn't, but I found that like 2 weeks had passed and I was just so engrossed with the research that I realized that maybe I could make it work, with school and work. However life can be a fickle bitch and I made the decision to move back home so I could stop working a job that I hated and living a life that was just making me more and more bitter.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote