Music Banter - View Single Post - 10 albums you need to hear before you die.
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #60 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I own a few of them and stick by my post. Nevermind bores me after a few tracks. IV is a rock lbum that if it came out in 88 and with a sugar coated topping would be album of the month ( Rock N roll? pfft). OK Computer is the ultimate zeitgeist album. Neutral Milk Hotel? Mark Hollis perefected angst ten years earlier but chose not be a wimp about it.
I admit if i want a Nirvana fix i turn to In Utero 9/10 but i still think Nevermind has a lot of merit. IV is one of Zep's most dynamic offerings, it brings so much more to the table than what you're suggesting and fuses many influences to create something brimmming with power and soul. OK Computer i think is transcendant of time and space. Alienation, stagnation and anxiety are unfortunately synonymous with the human condition and i think lyrically there are few better albums that explore this so succinctly. Plus i still think it is very relevant in todays social climate. As for Neutral Milk Hotel, i dont see what they and Talk Talk have in common? All i can say is i love the music.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote