Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I just making this up?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Default Am I just making this up?

When I was younger in the early to mid-90's I used to go to "techno clubs" (for lack of a better term) with my friends and be mainly unamused except for watching kids breakdance.
Here's the thing. I have in my head the style of music that set the backdrop for all this, but since I really don't know any of the artists its been nearly impossible to find any of this music. Here's a simple break down.
Generally speaking its a deep soul breakbeat, like James brown's Funky Drummer or Lonnie liston's Expansions, with soul/funk inspired music, samples, what have you. with Lots of epic horn section break downs, but I would definit call it electronic or at least remix music. Parts of it remind me of house, parts of it remind me of Acid Jazz , and parts of it just remind me of good old fashioned 60/70's funk. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be so appreciative. Iv'e been hunting this elusive style of music down for over a year and while I've definitely acquired some new favorite music through the process nothing has quite come close enough to what I'm looking for.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote