Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the T.V. a brainwash device or are people just parnoid
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 07:26 AM   #26 (permalink)
joyboyo53
down the rabbit hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
It's sad that when watching telly, you usually have to spend a lot of time watching attempts at manipulating you .. and they work too, even if you don't believe it.

I like a lot of TV, but I don't like how the market tries to manipulate viewers. We have one channel here which is free of commercials and it's bliss.

It's interesting .. In Norway, we don't normally worship our celebrities. Instead, we think of them more as regular people. They don't necessarily make that much more money than the average Joe here, so the big difference between them and you is usually that they work in TV or radio.

oh you do, how good for you! do you ever make a post about something other than how norway is so much better than america? so far you mock america for its disciplinary choices, health care system, obsession with celebrities, and im sure there is more that i have missed. anything else youd like to share with us? does norways citizens flatulence smell like cinnamon rolls?

as far as tv being a brainwash device, the programming is set up that way but it is avoidable. as previously mentioned, you can choose your own content. obviously there is a lot more to be learned watching the history\discovery channel than vh1\mtv\reality bull****. i equate trash tv to ****ty fiction novels with less vocabulary.