Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the T.V. a brainwash device or are people just parnoid
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #27 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd85 View Post
oh you do, how good for you! do you ever make a post about something other than how norway is so much better than america? so far you mock america for its disciplinary choices, health care system, obsession with celebrities, and im sure there is more that i have missed. anything else youd like to share with us? does norways citizens flatulence smell like cinnamon rolls?
Well, sometimes people post something about what they think is the general state of things. If that's not the general state for me in the corner of the world I'm in, I tend to specify. I also take care to state if something is an opinion, if something relates to a specific geographical region or if something I say is backed by sources.

If you feel offended by my posts, that's not my intention. For example, when I wrote "90% of american parents use corporal punishment", that's because it's what it says word for word in the article I found and quoted. The research could've been done in England or Paraguay, but hey, it wasn't. Conditions etc. from America are gonna be overrepresented in studies and are gonna be compared with because you live in the world's bellybutton and you guys are highly represented on this forum. If you feel I'm mocking you guys, then perhaps you're either misunderstanding my posts or you don't like the objectively described America.