Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the T.V. a brainwash device or are people just parnoid
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
Yukon Cornelius
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
I' m with the others here in that I don't see at all how I'm brainwashed by television. The reason cell phones have become so popular is because of convenience purposes, how are cell phones any different from, say, Thomas Edison's lightbulb? It became huge because it's far more convenient than using candles, so I don't see your point. Also, people know what they want. If they want to buy the latest fashion acessory, let them. Why should what they do impact you?
I used it as an example. If its for convenience then why is it required. I though i was allowed to have options. I have a home phone and a phone at work, why is it required I spend 60-70 dollars more a month? there are call boxes all up and down the highway. There are also payphones everywhere you go. I would much rather use a free call box, a pay phone here or there and my home and office phone then shell out a wasted 60-70 dollars a month on a phone call that i didnt want anyway. So I ask you should I walk around with a light blub in my pocket even though I have no light socket to stick it in?

This is where I am at. Am I just a freakin product as well.