Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork
Thread: Pitchfork
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #101 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Loots View Post
Yes, I agree with Brad, above. There is so much anti-Pitchfork sentiment at almost every music site on the web, much of which amounts to fans of certain indie bands who feel that these bands have been unfairly maligned or ignored by the indie music media, the most prominent manifestation of which is Pitchfork, in favour of what they feel are "over-hyped" indie bands. Curiously, though, one gets the impression that if these other bands were to be "over-hyped" by Pitchfork, they would suddenly become unfashionable with the anti-Pitchfork crowd simply because they had attained this form of prominence. Since Pitchfork is deemed to be "faux-anti-mainstream", the TRULY cool kids, in order to maintain their level of anti-Pitchfork cool, have to like what the "douches" at Pitchfork don't like or ignore. So this whole issue ends up revolving around "peer pressure to rebel against the opinions at Pitchfork", despite claims that the "douches" at Pitchfork are in fact the ones who try to impose a sense of "anti-mainstream cool" on the music-loving populace. Crowd mentality.
And then there's those who rebel against rebelling against Pitchfork. They really get me riled up.

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote