Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the T.V. a brainwash device or are people just parnoid
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #74 (permalink)
joyboyo53
down the rabbit hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
I do this constantly?
on health care

Quote:
Generally, I'd say it's working very well for us, much better than what you guys seem to have going for you in the US.
on corporal punishment

Quote:
According to the abstract from this article from 1991, more than 90% of parents in the USA use physical punishment. It also suggests without empirically concluding that parents who do not use physical punishment have, on average, better behaved children and that such punishment, while a good way to force conformity early in life will tend to cause deviating behaviour when the children grow up. Thus, a way to help minimize crime in a society could be to ban physical punishment.
Quote:
I see most people believe to a varying degree that a society without violence towards kids really means a society with no respect, no morale, no grasp of consequence. Sorry guys, I try to be respectful, but that just seems incredibly stupid to me.

As I wrote before, there are other ways of bringing up your children that has just as good if not better results than corporal punishment and they won't teach your kids that violence against children is justified. That's a lesson a lot of people learn from their parents and I think it's principally wrong, even if it's just a rare, quick slap.
on celebrities

Quote:
It's interesting .. In Norway, we don't normally worship our celebrities. Instead, we think of them more as regular people. They don't necessarily make that much more money than the average Joe here, so the big difference between them and you is usually that they work in TV or radio.
on assuming people are american

Quote:
Dur, that's the second time I assume someone is an american when they are not. What the hell? I'm a schmuck! Sorry about that.
now really man im not out to get you. i think you whether you notice it or not you have made multiple post in a degrading manner about my home country. i dont hate you or even dislike you to be honest, but understand that it isnt exactly music to my ears and i am gonna have an opinion about it. it will probably bring out a bad side in me, and for that i am sorry. on a side note, the egotistical **** was refering to ethan. the assumptions part applies to the above quotes. really though, this arguement is going in circles and getting stale. lets just agree that both the us and norway are kickass countries? i mean im not arguing that there is anything wrong with norway, in fact its one of the more well rounded and developed countries in the world. i just get tired of hearing this quasi anti-american sentiment.