Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the T.V. a brainwash device or are people just parnoid
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #76 (permalink)
joyboyo53
down the rabbit hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
toretorden wasn't quoting him on survivor though. toretorden was specifically responding to his part about celebrity worship and he explained how it was in Norway.

I intentionally reworded that to mirror one of your posts because you hypocritically made an assumption about his country, with no backing whatsoever, and yet you told him he couldn't do the same (even with a study to back it up) without having been to America.

He stated he didn't assume mr dave was America (he probably didn't even think to himself what nationality he was as toretorden's post really just talked about celebrity worship, or rather the lack of it, in Norway and didn't really address any country at all.) Survivor is a popular television show; you don't have to be American to have heard about it.

You're the one who's entire post attacked him based on several assumptions (which were wrong) on your part. Don't talk to me about investigating posts. I live in America now and even I think physical punishment is immoral and wrong, even light spanking (I said as much in the thread I believe.) Why don't you attack me for it? It makes you look like a xenophobe/nationalist dick when you have these kind of double standards.

Yes I'm Canadian. He never made any assumptions about America in this thread, he only explained how it was in Norway. That is all he did and you're the one who got all upset about it. If anyone is being condescending here it's you.
saying "you hypocritically made an assumption about his country" seems almost comical when your last post said "americans are so egotistical". regardless, i never made a preconcieved notion about his country until after one had, presumably, been made about mine.

how is it a xenophobic double standard because i didnt attack you, another non american? the reason i didnt attack you is because i try and avoid arguments with you for a few reasons,

1) because you are still in highschoool and can spend 12 hours a day responding to every post (17k post shows you obviously WILL)
2) because often times you present your arguement in a more reasonable manner
3) because you werent refering to america in that thread, you were discussing the topic as a whole
4) because im not goin to respond specifically to each and every post on a topic of discussion

now as i have mentioned before, i work almost entirely with international people. i am incrediably tolerant of other cultures and lifestyles. i have NO distaste for people soley based on their nationality, so why dont you quit being a hypocrit and stop attacking me specifically based on false assumptions of your own.