Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the T.V. a brainwash device or are people just parnoid
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #78 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd85 View Post
on health care
Alright, so I think Norway may generally have better health care than the US. So what? Can't I post that opinion? I thought most americans would agree with me on that anyway.

Quote:
on corporal punishment
The whole corporal punishment thing as being something that only happens in America, as I've explained, is something you have misunderstood. My motivation for bringing it up in the first place is (as explained in that thread) that they are discussing a law to prohibit it here like they have in Sweden and New Zealand and it's meeting a lot of opposition from the general public.

Quote:
on celebrities
As for Norway not worshipping celebrities, well - it's just the way it is. It's a tiny country and there's no Hollywood or Beverly Hills here. It doesn't have to be a negative or a positive thing. I didn't mean to offend you, but I'm not gonna step on egg shells about something as trivial as this. Frankly, I'm surprised you even reacted the way you did.

Quote:
on assuming people are american
As for me mistaking someone for being american, well .. In my quotation, you see I apologized to that person, but not for calling him american .. I apologized simply because I was wrong about his origins.

Quote:
this arguement is going in circles and getting stale. lets just agree that both the us and norway are kickass countries?
Sounds good to me. I don't think there was much reason to bring it up in the first place.