Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the T.V. a brainwash device or are people just parnoid
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #80 (permalink)
joyboyo53
down the rabbit hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Alright, so I think Norway may generally have better health care than the US. So what? Can't I post that opinion? I thought most americans would agree with me on that anyway.

The whole corporal punishment thing as being something that only happens in America, as I've explained, is something you have misunderstood. My motivation for bringing it up in the first place is (as explained in that thread) that they are discussing a law to prohibit it here like they have in Sweden and New Zealand and it's meeting a lot of opposition from the general public.

As for Norway not worshipping celebrities, well - it's just the way it is. It's a tiny country and there's no Hollywood or Beverly Hills here. It doesn't have to be a negative or a positive thing. I didn't mean to offend you, but I'm not gonna step on egg shells about something as trivial as this. Frankly, I'm surprised you even reacted the way you did.

As for me mistaking someone for being american, well .. In my quotation, you see I apologized to that person, but not for calling him american .. I apologized simply because I was wrong about his origins.

Sounds good to me. I don't think there was much reason to bring it up in the first place.
like i said, the reason i posted what i did and responded the way i did was because i was getting the impression that you have a anti-american sentiment. you kept saying you werent but then i kept feeling like you continued to dog on america. so i made a bigger deal outta something that isnt worth making a deal out of, moreso towards the idealogy that you dont like america, than the actual comment about celebrities. i hope you can understand where i was coming from.