Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

I'm 34 years old, married, have a house, a great career, and lead a responsible, productive, and very fulfilling life. I have never used crack, heroin, cocaine, meth, or any other "stupid" drug. I tried ectsasy once and thought it was stupid as well. When I use marijuana, hallucinogens, or even drink i do it responsibly and moderately. Most of the mushrooms Iv'e eaten have been hand-picked in the wild by me and I have yet to pick a mushroom out of a pile of cow dung. I understand that The Nancy Reagan-ish "drugs are for losers" phrase is mostly positive, but the truth is that term "drug" is a vague and ambiguous word that can be used to denote anything from caffeine to heroine, and the term "losers" in that phrase simply refers to those people who make stupid decisions regarding the drugs they use, how and when they use them, and the motivation for using them in the first place. Drugs arent inherently "bad", People just make stupid decisions.Its great that you don't use drugs, but try to keep an open mind about people who do. Were not all depraved junkies. P.S. I'm not a loser.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote