Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the T.V. a brainwash device or are people just parnoid
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 04:16 AM   #105 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Why are ppl so bent about cell phones.
I know that the mass media sometimes feels like a consipiracy. Sometimes I feel like society is trying to pacify music with mainstream bubblegum rock, sometimes I have to stop and wonder why television seems to appeal to so many people as a decision-making tool, sometimes I feel like the world has become so reliant on in-your-face mass distributed information that the ability to think is starting to leave us. These are not facts though, these are feelings and opinions. Each person usually has their own, even if they took it from somewhere else. I in no way think that you are less capable then anyone else here, but I can see how you picked-up that impression. My advice is to always remember to be open to the possibility of being wrong, or to even go as far as to say "Oh, I guess I completely misunderstood what you said" In fact, I say it all of the time. It's how my person opinions grow. In honesty if your still bent on comparing the ability to argue a point (or judge how smart someone his by how well they argue a point) it isn't in the words. It's in the ability to look at how your argument may be wrong, or aspects of it may be wrong, and to use others opinions to create your own.