Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson
Thread: Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 06:42 AM   #391 (permalink)
charlie.w
Groupie

Default I'm going.

I just joined this forum today and didn't think my first post would be about MJ. But as someone who has tickets to his show this summer, I thought would share my thoughts.

My favorite MJ song is Man in the Mirror. I love the melody, the lyrics (reminds me of Ghandi's famous quote) and it was watching his performance of this song at the Grammy's that changed how I feel about music. I often hear people criticize his vocal ability, which I find odd because I personally love his identifiable voice and signature sounds (hiccups and all). I think that MJ was very creative with both his voice and dance moves (at least for his time).

I don't think it's really all that expensive considering it's MJ. Tickets to see Leonard Cohen in Montreal costed about the same and I definitely think that I will get money's worth of entertainment at the MJ concert. But why pay to see him at all? Well, yes, it is a once in lifetime chance. It's a chance to see legendary showmanship. I really don't know how well he will perform, if he'll dance like he use to, or be able sing w/o using playback, but he's *only* 50 and has had a long time to rest, so I'll give him the benefit of doubt. At this point, I don't think he would commit to something he can't deliver. He should know that giving bad shows will only worsen his already shattered image.

And the truth is, I don't think there's anything he can do to win back the support of the general public. Even if he releases a great album this year and rocks his shows in London, people will still continue to tear him apart and make ridiculous accusations. PETA issued a statement yesterday slaming MJ based on a rumor that he's going to be using animals for his show. I mean.... come on. Someone made a comment about him adopting a kid, just proof that tabloids are effective in spreading lies.
charlie.w is offline   Reply With Quote