Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #157 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I was only listening to that Happy Mondays album on Monday. I love God's Cop and Loose Fit is awesome.
If I didn't limit myself to three album highlights, those would have been there too. The closing track Harmony is bliss too - kinda krautrockish in its own north-western way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizotypic View Post
Good review. I'm excited and very curious to see the last ten or fifteen albums.
Thanks man. Depending how hungover I feel tomorrow, I'll get 'round to the next four then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
Another bunch! I haven't quite achieved a taste for Happy Mondays but I'm quite familiar with their contemporaries. And aside from hearing about the Midnight Oil album in passing, I don't have any idea what it sounds like.

Mind sparing an up?
Not at all PM on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Odyssey and Oracle is an amazing album, spot on. I too have never understood the Happy Mondays thing, maybe one day something will click.
It's one of those very rare albums which had such an impact on the first listen, and I still love it just as much now. Amazing album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
yeessssssss
I don't think it's easy to dismiss Ram on any level. Is it better than Band On the Run though is the eternal question...? If anybody on here has anything positive to say about this I will eat a very nice cake.

The reviews are starting to get epic...

As for the Mondays brilliant, I would have chosen Bummed myself of course All their albums have been remastered recently so thanks for giving me something else to spend money on you £$^&£%*?1!

''YOUR DREAM WORLD IS JUST ABOUT TO END (FAAALLLLL)''
I've heard people criticise the album for sounding confused, which of course I think is absolute bollocks - in a lot of cases the disjointed sound of an album works wonders (the White Album, Spike, Sticky Fingers etc). It's also easy to dismiss McCartney's solo stuff just because it's McCartney's. I mean, sure, he's an arsehole, and has been responsible for some terrible music over the years, but it's all about this album (and Band On the Run of course).

Great news that they're remastering the Mondays' stuff - my only problem with Pills n Thrills is the muted sound of the CD. Can't wait for those reissues.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote