Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #1051 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
i dunno it always seemed like the black sheep of their canon to me, i've been too lazy to check out the debut thus far aswell, i just always assumed it would sound a bit like Kyuss. I saw some footage of them storming tracks off Era Vulgaris and that made me return to 'em
Do you not like Kyuss? It does in many ways serve as a transition from Kyuss to QOTSA. For example there is a lot more in their first album that you could compare to Kyuss than there is in Lullabies. I feel its their most sludge-ish, repetitive at times, stoner rock album. They started to really move away from it after that album by album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
It actually mitigates a ground which isn't explored by either Kyuss or the rest of QOTSA's music.
Yeah, I would go along with that. I think the move away from everything that was Kyuss was gradual though rather than achieved with the self titled. I assume you feel similar even if not word for word if you feel you could be swayed in your opinion?

Im surprised you hate the self titled though, I must admit. But each to their own.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote