Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 05:54 AM   #1649 (permalink)
iksosept
Music Addict

1. You awaken to the sound of your door being smashed open, what do you do?
stand up, wait, grab some heavy object. what else to do?
2. Most ****ed up dream you've ever had.
as a kid, I dreamed that I would slide down on some slide, and there was an alternative way you could take, but it was forbidden. I did it anyways, and ended up in some pub full of ghosts and other scary beings. Then my mother ended up taking the same route of the slide, met me in the bar, but then just walked back and disappeared. I tried to follow her, but the stairs back turned into an escalator, moving down, and I tried to run upstairs, but I wouldn't be fast enough.
3. What was the longest streak of bad luck you've ever experienced?
I do believe that the last weeks were rather full of bad luck, not dramatically, but here and there. REALLY aweful exams, a broken headlight on my grandfathers car, I fell on my chin, stuff like that
4. First experience with death.
when my godmother died
5. Suppose the human race is wiped from existence along with all evidence of their civilization except for one item, decades later a cyclopean ship lands on the ruins of Earth and a party of alien beings finds this item . . . Suppose it is an album, what album would you like it to be?
idk, maybe John Butler Trio - Sunrise over Sea
6. Why do people suffer?
Because we're all selfish, trying to expand our own freedom. We do care about those close to us, and would never intentionally harm them. But those beyond our sight, and especially beyond the borders of our conception of society, might just suffer because we do everyday things. we are all limited in our understanding, but have a need to seperate right from wrong. This of course is a good thing if it helps fighting some really bad things in the world, but can we always trust our own judgements? What is the objective truth? Are we tolerant enough, and when do we become too tolerant? It's a struggle, where we try to find the truth, but there will always be someone suffering from the laws and views of others. I mean, even if you say "live and let live" that's a good thing, I agree, but again we have to draw a line. We can't just look away all the time, so where exactly do we start to care? There are 7 billion at least slightly different opinions on how the world would be a better place right now. And the powers to have an impact are few, spread mainly among those who possess the money.
So long story short:
1. because we all have a different conception on what's good a) for ourselfves and b) for the world, but live in some scary network, that is far too big and diverse to ever fully understand, where everyone has some impact on each other. 2. Money

whoa, got carried away a little
iksosept is offline   Reply With Quote