Music Banter - View Single Post - Watch this..
Thread: Watch this..
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I'm not sure you know what suggestion is, though. I'll post an example.

Imagine that I'm gonna do a card trick on you where you get to choose a card, then I want to guess what the card is. I say "just choose whatever colour and number you like".

That is suggestion. You may think you're free to choose whatever card you want, but I actually told you to pick a red card between 1 and 10. The picture cards are not numbers and red is the only colour in a deck of cards and the one people will always think of. Most people are susceptible to such suggestion and would pick a red card between 2 and 10 (also ruling out the ace). Then you can assume that hearts are more popular than squares and some numbers are also more popular than others.

You can see already at the start that they are using such ways of manipulation to implant in you from early on that Obama is a bad man, betraying hope and whatnot. You may like that kind of stuff, but I think it immediately discredits the whole thing. Facts speak up for themselves, they don't need help by petty attempts at manipulation.

Ask yourself this : Could someone make this up and make it seem credible? If the answer is yes, then you should be sceptical.