Music Banter - View Single Post - Earth Hour
Thread: Earth Hour
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
i have no idea where you derived that meaning from what i said, because my message was very simple. in order to "save the planet" and truly make a difference, then you have to spend your entire life, meaining every facet of your day to day, working to improve the environment to make a difference.
Alright, then I misunderstood, sorry for that.

As you know, in the Lorax story, the Once-ler cuts down the entire forest to make "thneed", a garment that he thinks people need. The Lorax living in the forest tells him not to, but the Once-ler doesn't listen. After the forest is cut down, all the creatures that live there go away, the thneed factories shut down and the Once-ler is alone. It's not until that point that he realizes how wrong it was of him to cut down the trees to start with ..

In other words, the Once-ler had to **** up before he could understand what the lorax meant. I thought your message was similar, that people won't get it until they've ****ed up.

edit :

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
earth hour is just a means of placating millions of people and convincing them that their miniscule hour-long efforts are noble so they can sleep at night.
Yeah, damn those earth guys for believing that it's possible to change things for the better :p