Music Banter - View Single Post - Earth Hour
Thread: Earth Hour
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
How the f are you bringing everyone together by turning your lights out for an hour? What is your purpose, is it like lent, only with lights??
What's lent?

Basically, it's an awareness campaign on global warming. It does so by trying to make people shut off their lights for one day, thus showing that it is possible to do a collective effort on a grand scale.

Quote:
It just seems like an excuse to play instruments that were all made by the same thing that powers you light bulb.
Uhm, no - it's not. Also, I didn't know that my flute and acoustic guitar was powered by electricity. Fascinating!

Quote:
If you just wanna party with the lights out do me a favor lift the seat, and don't make pointless posts.
Uhm, it's not really about partying. Look up or you could also read the first post, the OP, the thread starter.

And you can check out this site : Earth Hour

I know you probably won't because you seem to think that participating in a global event in an attempt to spread a little optmism and "can-do" mentality is horribly arrogant. You're free to feel that way, but if that's how it is, could you do it somewhere else?