Music Banter - View Single Post - Album that changed your musical outlook...?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #58 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

This is what introduced me to modern music up to present day:

Pink Floyd - Meddle (1971)

Excuse me a bit of a story:

Growing up I really didn't listen to Pink Floyd much, the first song I heard when I was fourteen or fifteen (probably a bit o' the Wall). When I discovered their music I did something any teenager would naturally do: brag to my brother. He of course was too cool for the Floyd at this point (smirk smirk), but he enabled my obsession and let me borrow a few CDs. These were from his massive collection of already burned CDs so they naturally came without a tracklist & I was subsequently forced to listen to the entire 46:33 or so at once.

I don't think I listened to the CD at all for a long time. It wasn't until I finally got my license that I listened to this thing for the first time. Driving by myself afforded me the time away from my family so that I could engage in the music, and I really did. I got so enamored at the first whiff that I would drive to a remote location and park, but keep the stereo on and immerse myself in the music. As I got older, the album stayed with me (remarkably). I'd listen to it when I was at work (forbidden), doing some errand or cutting the grass (the only way I've been able to undergo such a chore).

It's only been four or five years since I heard it first but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be with me for much longer than that.

Last edited by lucifer_sam; 03-28-2009 at 11:05 PM.
lucifer_sam is offline   Reply With Quote