Music Banter - View Single Post - The Brian Jonestown Massacre
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 05:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
cfletch11
Groupie

the BJTM are still going strong, their last album was 'my bloody underground'.

I'm a fan of most of their endeavours, they have a couple of band era's with a revolving bag of musicians contributing. FOr me personally the groups first incarnation were classic but a bit hit and miss, a lot of people go on about "satanic majesties second request" a sprawling homage to all things acid but I think for a starting point I would get their album 'give it back' it contains the country/freak beat/garage classic 'satellite' and the haunting 'the devil may care(mom & dad don't)", the latter brought real tears to my eyes, it's one the most effecting pieces of music I've ever heard. Another album with the original line up 'Take it from the man' contains some classic songs especially 'who' and 'in my life' sung by matt hollywood. they have lots of great songs from this era but the albumns feel dissjointed at times.

My personal favourites are the mini album 'ZERO' and the 'bravery, repetition , and noise' record, its packed full of great songs, 'nevertheless' just flaws the **** outta anyone who hears it.
this band is the real deal
cfletch11 is offline   Reply With Quote