Music Banter - View Single Post - Earth Hour
Thread: Earth Hour
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 01:43 AM   #37 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Eh I took part in it and I don't really understand how you can get so upset one way or the other about it seeing as it's a symbolic thing designed to make people think and hopefully started turning off their lights regularly. There's nothing wrong with conserving power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikazi Kat View Post
Yukon, could you try not being a cynical ******* for 2 seconds?

I mean, I understand where it comes from, I have a rather negative view on the big picture of life, the difference is I'm not taking a huge crap over anybody else that has a little bit of optimisim. I think the idea is nice just because its a nice way to give a little bit of confirmation that the world isn't completely filled with a bunch of cynical *******s like you.
He isn't a "cynical *******." Those two words seem to imply (at least to me, not to oxford) a certain sense of dark skepticism rooted in intelligence. There's a difference between that and someone who blindly wants to go against any and all masses and popular opinion (and just plain history) because he thinks it makes him look intelligent.

Also George Carlin is just a comedian Yukon. That little bit is amusing but the stuff that's right is obvious (e.g. the earth will probably survive global warming but we won't) and the stuff that's stupid is just stupid. Why don't you believe in global warming?
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote