Music Banter - View Single Post - Overated Films
Thread: Overated Films
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #244 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
I know I'm going to step on toes with this one, but somebody has to say it.

Slumdog Millionaire

It started out great and got exponentially worse as it neared the end. From the "must-have" love story to the ridiculous dance number at the end, this film blew its load pretty quick. I did like the subtlety of the love story until it fully conquered the movie. There are a few noteworthy scenes, but I'm sure they've been noted in the Top Films or Last Seen thread.
No. I disagree. I think it was finally something different coming from a Hollywood director and it had a very realistic view on what the slum life is like. For once it a movie hasn't been Americanised with unrealistic people falling in love in unrealistic ways. It wasn't all fun and games like the usual story about someone not calling someone else back because it was not the 3rd day after a date.

Not only that, the movie has promoted the poor lifestyles of those living in India and this may help improve the conditions of those living in their own filth. If you call this over-rated then you have high expectations.