Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Barack Obama Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #220 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Ok, He is the president of the United States, with that he has a bunch of people watching him all the time... I feel that though the comment may not effect me in anyway, other ppl dont feel the same.

BTW he was incinuating that his bowling was poor, using the special olympics as being poor, not any good, ect... This would impact you more if you or someone you know was disabled and it was the only thing that they dreamed about.
Prehaps I would if I could relate more to what he said, but still, this situation was far blown out of proportion than it needed to be. The fact that he APOLOGISED a few moments later to the special olympics representatives shows that it was a slip of the tongue which could happen to anyone who has a huge pressure on them all the time. And by pressure I mean the whole world is looking up to him.

Do you think he worked as hard as he did to become president to then start mouthing off geniunely about people? No, he didn't, he's a good person and people make mistakes.

I'd like to see how many of those who are so upset by all of this have never spoke negatively about someone less fortunate/different from them, before.