Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Albums I Couldn't Think of A Creative Thread Title For
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #36 (permalink)
FaSho
____

84.Straight Outta Compton-N.W.A

I was trying to get into more rap, and I already had the 2pac and Biggie albums. I decided I really liked the old skool stuff and decided I'd try a classic. What a great decision that was? This album really shaped my taste in hip-hop, and that's because it's so great. Combining great background beats which were pretty awesome for that time plus some interestingly contreversial lyrics, and even though a lot of times it just sounded like the were stringing cuss words together, but that's okay because sometimes that's all great music is.
Highlights: Straight Outta Compton, Parental Discretion iz Advised, I Ain't The 1

83.American Football-American Football

At a time I was obsessed with Algernon Cadwallader(they'll come up later in the list), and I wanted to find other bands like them, this is what I got through last.fm. They're not really the same at all, but this is a great freaking album. It's straight alternative, with a little bit of emo and indie thrown in there for good measure. They're a very talented band and their instrumentation really surpassed my excpectations. The only reason this is so low is because Ihaven't actually listened to it that much, but it needs to be included. I reccomend this album to anyone who likes emo or indie music because you'll definatley hear it in here.
Highlights: The Summer Ends, Honestly, I'll See You When We're Both Not So Emotional
82.We Love You-Semi Precious Weapons

I'll admit it, I came across this ban watching MTV. That should not discourage people from listening to it. This is glam/garage rock at it's best. Their frontman, dubbed "The Bisexual Giant" has one of the most unique voices I've ever heard, and it carries throughout the whole album, plus it has sme of the best bass playing in an album that's come out in the last few years. There's great party tracks, and ballads that you just want to sit down and sing aong to, or belt out in the shower. Definatley check this out.
Highights: Semi Precious Weapons, Jesus, Time Jones
81.Fur and Gold-Bat for Lashes

Bat For Lashes is one of the best female vocalists evar. Period. She can belt out or whisper, both are all over this album, and it always sounds great. I don't have much else to say about this album, you have to listen to it to understand the originality she puts in to here music. PM's are welcome.
Highlights: Trophy, Sad Eyes, Sarah

Last edited by FaSho; 06-15-2009 at 08:26 PM.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote