Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the T.V. a brainwash device or are people just parnoid
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #106 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

A thing is not evil. A thing is what it is. The problem begins when we as human beings forget exactly what it is and begin to apply undue meaning to an object or source of information instead of learning to question what we hear and to verify what we're told.

With that said, the less mentally capable of society make up the majority of it, and the media is controlled by those people who are very good at manipulating those peoples thoughts and feelings for their own benefit.

So no, TV is not a brainwashing device. But it can be used as one, although people have nobody but themselves to blame if they fall prey to that. If it wasn't TV it would be something else, lest we forget the panic ensuing from the original radio broadcast of The War of the Worlds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!