Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Gear (bass)
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 09:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
LifeW/out TheSnoozeButton
Groupie

I am a die-hard Fender Mustang ho. Its comfortable, yet punchy. My hands aren't too large, so the short scale works best for me, although, I can play a full scale just fine if the neck is right. Its just got that one small split coil pickup, (its way smaller than the P-bass' pickup) but it has its own fat flavor. I went from a Thunderbird to this, and Ive just gotten a lot better from being punished by that awkward Thunderturd...(Im not completely hating on the tbirds; they sounds good.)

I have my Mustang plugged into a Trace Elliot combo 130 watt 10" and it has the front enclosed with a narrow slot, connected to a Trace 1 15" cab. It has a ton of bells and whistles and a 7 band EQ... I also have an Ampeg BA115... Its supposed to be not-as-good as my Trace, but the Ampeg has this fatter tone I like... Maybe I like "crappy" xD I dont know...

And yeah... Like someone said earlier, 5-strings and I dont play well together... Its gotta be very playalbe first to sound good, in my opinion. If you can play them well, and at your best, then psh, have at it! More bass to you.
LifeW/out TheSnoozeButton is offline   Reply With Quote